Mini-Peety Drawing a Day

Jessica Elliott AKA Peety Draws, from "right outside" Washington, D.C. is creating a Mini-Peety Drawing a Day for a year. She says, "The drawings and sayings are random and are created as soon as my ink pen meets the white of the paper. I never know what will turn out and perhaps that's the most fun of it all!"...


Why did you decide to do this project? Frustrated over not having control over much of the design and art I was creating as a graphic designer, I began finding outlets for even the smallest instances of creativity in the quickest and simplest way possible -- with pen and paper. This led me to open Peety Draws [on Etsy] and drawing different "characters" with a different saying every day. Usually, these sayings are the first thing that come in my mind when I sit down at my desk. Without access to Facebook at work, I take pictures of my mini-drawings everyday with my iPhone and use Photoshop Express to edit and post them to Facebook. 



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I've been doing this for about 3 - 4 months and I get excited about what I want my character to say for that day. It is a tiny moment in the day that I have control over and am able to do exactly what I want. The positive feedback I've received from friends, family and Peety Draws fans on these drawings has been awesome! Not only do these drawings provide something inspirational for ME to look forward to – but for my followers, as well! It's rewarding to know other people are just as excited and interested in what Peety Draws is up to because you never know how your work, which is so personal, will be viewed by others. Because of the strong positive feedback, I will be starting a line of magnets and calendars based on these drawings. And there's no end in sight! This is going to be an on-going project with my goal of meeting AT LEAST 365 days.


See all of Peety's drawings on her Facebook page HERE.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the calendar and magnets! I personally love that each character varies so much day by day, and it's especially awesome when how you feel and what Peety Draws puts out that day match!

Great write up.