365 Collages and Assemblages

Anita Aspfors Westin in Solna, Sweden (but moving soon to Rättvik) is making 365 Collages and Assemblages. She explains, "I start to work only with black and white. After 7 days I am free to chose the grey-scale. After one month I am free to chose one more colour."...



Why did you decide to do this project?  I want to wake up the artist in me. I´ve been working so hard last six month. As a teacher for kids and having classes for adults. I have been so concentrated to train their creativity so I feel I´ve almost lost my own. I really felt sick after last Christmas and I went to the doctor and he said I was on my way going to be outburned. He said I should stay home from work a couple of weeks and I didn´t even know I was depressed! But I stayed at home as he said and felt awful. Then I found 365 A daily creativity journal in “Designtorget” in Stockholm. And I said to myself: this is it! I know I had to make a change and this will be my change in life!




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I guess it has gone too short time since I started to be able to tell if it really has made a change. But I think it has, because I feel much stronger after I´ve made my decision and I also feel very happy and satisfied when I´ve done my task for the day. And I am very decided to fullfill this project because it means a lot to me. Maybe it will be my next exhibition. I hope so.


See all of Anita's collages & assemblages HERE

No comments: