Love One Another

Cathryn in Pennsylvania is doing a project she calls Love One Another

She explains, "Every day I will be making something new based on John 13: 34-35 in which Jesus instructed His disciples to love one another as He has loved them.  This project is inspired by other 365 projects including Noah Scalin's famous Skull-A-Day project and his book 365: A Daily Creativity Journal.  It is also a response to all the negative messages we are bombarded with daily and all the cruelty constantly reported in the news.  Some of my goals include spreading the Good News, encouraging people to be kind to each other, possibly generating funds for a worthy cause, and practicing photography, drawing, painting, and other media."




Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to do this project because I became tired of watching the news and hearing about all the awful things people are doing to each other.  The world would be a much better place if people would just take a moment to be nice to each other.   By making a project with this message and post it every day, I hope to inspire people to “love one another.”  It’s also an opportunity to experiment with different media and techniques, practice drawing, illustration, painting, photography, and mixed media.




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? Making something with this message written on it or illustrating it has caused me to have to think about it more.    For the projects and for my blog posts, I have to keep thinking of kind things we can do every day.  I hope it will also help me “find myself” artistically and improve my skills.


See all of Cathryn's creations HERE.

2 comments:

Frances said...

Really nice message for a project focus

Unknown said...

What a good idea for your project. The world is hard these days it is such a relief to see something like this where we are reminded to be kinder in our thoughts and actions.