365 Days in the Life of a Pup

Cori in Portland, Oregon is documenting her dog Ollee in 365 Days in the Life of a Pup. She says, "I adopted Ollee from the Oregon Humane Society on November 24th, 2010.  She was 2 months old – born September 22, 2010. They had named her Hard Candy Christmas, along with her two sisters; The Gambler, and Islands in the Stream (apparently someone at OHS loves Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers!). They think that she's a Bernese Mountain Dog and terrier mix – along with other things."...




Why did you decide to do this project? For awhile now, I've had friends doing the 365 projects, and I never really had a subject that would grab my attention enough to take a picture every day.  Then I adopted Ollee, and all that changed.  With my last dog, I made the mistake of never taking any pictures of her when she was a puppy (it was before digital cameras), so I decided with Ollee I wouldn't make that mistake.  This is a way of capturing her developing personality, as well as how fast she is growing!



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I am loving paying close attention to Ollee and seeing what she will do next.  I have always carried my camera with me in my purse, but now I try to always have it close by in the house so that I can capture her adventures.  It's a lot of fun to have a puppy, but knowing that I get to share her with others is even better.  I think that it has me making even more time for this, not so little, puppy.  The problem that is happening is that now when she sees the camera come out, she actually will pose and look right into it, or she will get WAY too close!  It makes taking a different fun picture a bit difficult, so at times, I am having to be quite creative in my picture taking.  I am really looking forward to what the rest of the year holds.



See all Cori's days with Ollee on her site HERE

1 comment:

Pink Bayou said...

I am so going to follow this one! What a cute pup!!!