I Draw The Line - 365 days

Mirre Ketola in Stockholm, Sweden is creating a picture a day in I Draw The Line - 365 days...




Why did you decide to do this project? I'm going through a separation right now and my mind was spinning with all the thougts that comes with it. I always used my creativity to heal myself and I needed that. At the same time an issue in my life has always been that I have trouble to finnish my projects. Some people that are in my family, never supported me,when it came to my art. It was a waste of time, or I was childish or what can you do with that??? You better do something else with your life! This made me doubt myself and as the years went by I totaly lost myself. Around New Years when I was home alone  I decided that with the separation I need to start a new phase in my life. I need to show myself that I can finnish this project and at the same time do what I love most, be creative. I never felt that I had a style of my own, but it dosen't matter anymore. Most important is that I do something.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I just finished my first three weeks and it feels great! I´m not really used to showing my stuff, I always thought everybody would think it was a waste of time. But since I shared it I noticed that isn't true. I've had a lot of feedback and I'm starting to grow as a creative person. The ideas comes all the time and I can see things differently now. A week ago I ordered Noah's book: 365- A Daily Creativity Journal. I think it's going to be a great inspiration. I have lots of new projects  for the future, but I´m going to finnish the rest of the 344 days that are still left :-)




See all of Mirre's pictures HERE.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Mirre's work is fantastic. Thanks for sharing.