Heart-A-Day

Analisa Jaros in Geneva, Illinois is making a Heart-A-Day...



Why did you decide to do this project? I did this project because during the activity portion of your presentation [at Etsy] where you challenged us to make 10 shapes in 20 minutes I had so much fun!  I had one of those a-ha moments running around the house making hearts out of thumbtacks, necklace chains - I had been stuck in a real creative rut with my jewelry (I design, make and sell jewelry on Etsy) but this activity sparked my creative side, got my brain thinking outside the box and I realized this kind of project would benefit my work and my general well-being.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I'm only on day 5 but I've already learned a new craft (paper chain cutting) and I've realized how blogging about it is really going to help develop my photography skills - it's almost like a 365 photo project as well.  I have already had a project fail (my heart snowball just wasn't going to happen with brittle, dry snow) but it inspired a new idea.  I love how having this daily task makes me focus my to-do list.  It forces me to work on time management (not my strong suit) and it really pushes my brain, gives me permission to try something, attempt an art or craft I wouldn't have otherwise.  I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!







See all of Analisa's hearts HERE.

No comments: