Love Songs for a Year

Maya Anjelica Murillo in Phoenix, AZ is doing a weekly project creating Love Songs for a Year...   



Why did you decide to do this project? I turned 18 years old last spring and fell in love for the first time. I gave up my friends, my music, everything to be with him. I paid the price because after three months, he broke my heart. I was devastated. There was a couple months of "love sucks" mourning, but then I changed my attitude. I've always been a musician and creative type and I forced myself to pick up and move on in the most positive and hopeful way possible - by doing what I love most: Singing love songs. In order to bring fresh energy into my life and send it out to the universe to counteract the negativity I decided to sing a new love song every week for a year. I play my ukulele, guitar or piano, or just sing along with karaoke. It's been so fun choosing each song.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life?
It's forced me to hear songs in a new way and really soak up the lyrics and meanings. It's also inspired me to write original songs and I plan to release my own EP very soon. I also got invited to be featured on a TV show for my singing, so it already has positive results!  I feel like I learn something new about myself everytime I post a new installment. I've met new people and am excited to continue on this journey!


See and Hear all of Maya's love songs HERE.

No comments: