Daily2012Haiku

Jessica Mills in Albuquerque, New Mexico is writing Daily2012Haiku inspired by the prompts from 365: A Daily Creativity Journal...

We marched through the snow
like a family of ducks
shaking tail feathers.  


Why did you decide to do this project? Last year, 2011, I aimed to write a haiku a day.  I fell a bit short of my goal at 311 haikus for the year.  Reading through them, they read like a personal journal, so I probably wouldn't share half of them with an audience.  When my mom gave me your book for Christmas, "365: A Daily Creativity Journal," it inspired me to try again this year, and to use the prompts in the book.  I think the promts will help direct me away from personal journal style haikus and towards ones to share with an audience via a blog.

Bottlecaps hammered
flat then nailed to painted wood
transcend collection 

How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? This is the 4th yearlong / daily project I've attempted.  Each time, it's been enjoyable, though each time I've fallen a tad short of my goal.  This year, 2012, is the first time I've done so using a public format and so far I've noticed that it challenges me to be more thoughtful and has me feeling a bit vulnerable.  Regardless, it's fun and a great way for me to clear out the brain cobwebs!

Exactly who makes
money worth more than paper
and those who print it? 




Read all of Jessica's haiku HERE.

No comments: