Every Day is Awesome

My friend Paul, who runs the excellent Dude Craft blog, has started a new project where he's writing daily about why Every Day is Awesome...


Why did you decide to do this project? I started EDiA because I missed writing longer pieces. DudeCraft isn't really built for long form stuff and there we're some things I wanted to write about that didn't really fit the site. My other reason for starting it simply has to do with challenging myself. I wanted to see if I could write 500 words a day for a year. I have no idea what will come of it, but I figure that, at the very least, I'll be a better writer by the end.
 
How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life?As far as affecting my life, writing for EDiA is a lot more work intensive than doing DudeCraft. Sometimes a piece will just come tumbling out of my brain and I'll only spend a couple of hours on it. Sometimes 500 words can take all day and most of the night. Luckily, I'm surrounded by people who understand this kind of mania from me. If I wasn't doing this, I'd just be doing something else equally nutty, and they know that. So far, I've written over 25,000 words, so I'm on pace to break 150,000 by the end of my year. That's kind of exciting to me. If, out of the 150,000, I can manage to pump out 65,000 good ones, I might get a book out of it. We'll see. For now, all that matters is that I keep going.

Find out why today is awesome on Paul's new blog HERE.

2 comments:

Beth Brown said...

This is a fantastic project! I love it anytime I see someone point out the positive instead of beating us about the head and shoulders with all that's wrong in the world.

Thanks for sharing!

Noah said...

I wholeheartedly agree Beth!