My Daily Art

Kyle Williamson of New Freedom, Pennsylvania spent the past year using photography and other media to make his My Daily Art project...



Why did you decide to do this project? I decided at the end of last year that I wanted something to help me focus my artistic energy. As a photographer and art teacher I found that most of my creative time goes into doing things for other individuals. This projects was a way of assuring that I spend a portion of the day thinking about and creating a personal project.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I have found this a nice challenge so far. I like the idea of creating everyday, and plan to continue it. My hope for the future is to create larger pieces and to focus more on other media. I have completed work each day this year, though it has been difficult to publish the blog everyday because I have had occasions where I did not have any access to the internet.


Check out all of Kyle's daily art and congratulate him on finishing his first year today on his blog HERE.

3 comments:

Beth Brown said...

There's a lesson a lot of us creative types have a difficult time learning: creative energy spent for someone else (ie. at work) is NOT nurturing to the artist's spirit.

Sure, it's great to do things and get recognition for it, but you still need to balance that with the things you do just for YOU. If you don't strike that balance before it's too late, inspiration and motivation will float away like leaves on a breeze, and it is hella hard to get them back. Unfortunately, I'm speaking from experience here.

HIGH-FIVE to Kyle for hitting the one-year milestone! I hope the habit he's created for himself will stick around for many years to come.

Noah said...

I totally agree Beth!

kyle said...

Yes Beth...I agree as well, thanks for the encouragement.

Being able to create my OWN personal work was the main reason setting up this project. It is easy to fall into a habit of not creating from within if you are creating for OTHERS.

My plans for the future are to continue, but also to try to expand and grow.

kyle