Year of Thanks

Karlin Lictenberger and her friend Jaime Patterson are working together to create a Year of Thanks in my hometown of Richmond, VA. Every day they are taking turns finding someone to thank...




Why did you decide to do this project? I had started the project last year, but as a college student it proved to be too great a task to take on by myself. That is why I called on the services of my talented friend, Jaime. One day she will post and the following day I will post. It has proven to be a great decision because I feel we are getting more variety in people, stories and photography styles even already.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? Though we just started, we are already starting to make the project part of our lives. It is forcing us to jump out of our comfort zones, open up conversations with people and even look a little silly when we ask to take their picture. All in all, our goal is to shine a positive light in a generation that tends to err on the side of negativity.

See who Karlin and Jaime are thanking all year on their site HERE.

No comments: