365 Shop Class

One of the most fun things I've been doing lately is running creativity workshops, and the recent one I did here in my hometown of Richmond, Virginia for the i.e. Shop Class series was no exception.


After a short talk about my Skull-A-Day project the 30+ participants dug into a giant pile of junk that they had been asked to bring in.


Assigned with creating 30 of an image of their choice in 60 minutes people tore into the pile and quickly made a range of amazing things!


And of course in hardly any time the space was overrun with creations spilling off the tables and onto the floor and walls.


I always enjoy seeing what people create and got a lot of positive feedback including at least 5 people committing to creating a yearlong project of their own!


Want me to do this at your school, business, group, etc? Drop me a line.


More excellent photos from this session taken by Ansel Olson can be found HERE. And if you're in Richmond be sure to attend the rest of the Shop Class series.


No comments: