A Creation Per Day

Clark Comstock in Plainfield, Illinois is making a year's worth of Artist Trading Cards in A Creation Per Day...

Why did you decide to do this project? After picking up a copy of 365: A Daily Creativity Journal, I was fascinated with the idea of embarking on my own project-a-day journey. I wanted a new challenge, feeling a bit stagnant in my art. I wanted something that would push me. Right now (7/24/11), I am on card number 205, having started this project on the first of the year. I don't see myself faltering before the end of the year. In fact, I'm already contemplating what I will do next year!


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? 99% of this project has been positive. It has given me a daily outlet for creativity, and I usually look forward to seeing what I can create in that two and half inch by three and a half inch space. I have a sense of accomplishment when I finish a card per day. I won't lie. Some day, I am sitting in my librar/art studio at 11:45 at night, sincerely struggling with what I am going to create. Some days are hard, but they are few and far between.


See all of Clark's creations HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite ideas for a 365 project, keep up the great work!