Marika Makes - Bird a Day

Mary Heightchew in Charlotte "small town south of Lansing", Michigan is doing Marika Makes - Bird a Day...



Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to do this project as a way to get back to my creativeness. I wasn't doing much of anything creative for years and I felt the need to get back at it.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I am only on day 49 and this project has affected many things in my life,
1. I notice birds everywhere, and have spotted new birds that I have never seen before, such as a rose breasted grosbeak, yellow warbler, and a gray catbird
2. I wake up earlier
3. I wake up happier
4. I am knitting less
5. I have met some wonderful creative and inspiring people on line
6. My middle finger on my left hand has its drawing callous back
7. Dinner isn't always done on time (or at all, sorry hun)
8. I'm spending more money on bird food and art supplies (and less on yarn)
9. I feel a greater sense of fulfillment and joy.
10. I can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds for me.

See all of Marika's birds HERE.

No comments: