The Little Glass Fish

Wendy Boggs in Richmond, Virginia was inspired by her friends to start posting a daily photo of a small glass fish named Ralph in her project The Little Glass Fish...




Why did you decide to do this project? With several of my friends attempting 365 projects, I decided to join in and try my hand at it as well.  Being a typical Gemini, I have a tendency to start a project and quickly lose interest, moving on to something new and exciting as soon as the "shine" wears off.  Committing to the 365 project is tough, but I wanted to see if I could stick with something for the duration and finish what I started - what a sense of accomplishment I will have at the end! 

Not to mention that my project idea gave me the perfect excuse to purchase this cute little glass fish I'd had my eye on for a while, but could not justify purchasing for myself!

 (yes, she really brought Ralph to the gynecologist's office!)



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life?
I am someone who wants everything to be perfect.  The girl who would not be satisfied with an "A" in class, instead always wanting the "A+."  This project is forcing me to realize that I cannot be perfect in all that I do and that it's okay not to be perfect.  I love photography, but I am not a professional and have no training in it.  By completing this project, I am allowing my inexperience to show and opening myself up to criticism, which is a difficult thing for me.  However, on the other hand, with each picture I take and each new photo idea I have, I am pushing myself and learning.  As a result, this project is most definitely helping me to grow creatively.


Follow Ralph's journey on Wendy's site HERE