Things that were Good

Chris Hopf in Harper, Texas is documenting Things that were Good for 365 days...




Why did you decide to do this project?  Plenty of places document the bad things that happen in a day. Here we celebrate the good things through photos, art, video, writing, and whatever else might be handy.

This project started in my journal about six months ago.  I found I was writing about the bad things that happen to me way too much.  That helped to get things off my chest, but I felt there needed to be some kind of balance.  So I started making a list of about 5 things each day that were good, then I started incorporating drawings or other kinds of art that had to do with them.

How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I made the blog in hopes of other people contributing and getting positive effects from giving attention to the positive things in their life, but I'm also using it to encourage and expand my creativity – a very welcome side effect.

Read about all of good things Chris has experienced HERE.

4 comments:

Paola Suárez said...

GREAT idea! :)

Pink Bayou said...

What a wonderful, positive project!

Andie Illustrates said...

I love this! It is so true that we can get so focused on the world news and our own schedules. It's great to focus on our happiness and blessings too!

Misha said...

Wonderful! Exactly what the world needs and it all begins with individual lives and how we live them.

Bravo!