Too Much Lauryn

Lauryn Marette of Bakersfield, CA is spending 2011 creating a self portrait every day and she calls it Too Much Lauryn...



Why did you decide to do this project? I am a photographer, and have never felt really comfortable being on the other side of the camera. I don't have confidence issues or anything, I just don't think I'm very photogenic. But I realized that most of the people I photograph probably don't think they're photogenic either. If I don't think I can make myself look decent in a photo, how can I justify my photos of others? I figured this would help me become more in tune with how my subjects feel, and give me a betteer idea on how to make my clients feel more comfortable and beautiful through my lens.
 


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I've only just started, and I already have a better sense of myself, photographically speaking. I'm realizing that I am photogenic, just not from the angles I was used to looking at myself. I feel okay with exposing the side of me that doesn't feel pretty either, like when I wake up in the morning and have no makeup on. Everybody feels gross at that time of day, so why not connect with people on that level?


See a lot more of Lauryn on her site HERE.

No comments: