What Will It Be Today?

Kate Civiero and her friends in Ontario & Winnipeg, Canada and Barbados are making a yearlong project called What Will It Be Today?. She says, "We actually rarely see one another (and a few of us haven't even met before) but we're all feeding off the creativity of eachother!"...







Why did you decide to do this project? Personally, I decided to do this simply because I needed an alternative outlet for my creativity.  I am a glassblower, and I used to sketch and draw a great deal, but over the years, I find that I now work through a lot of my creative process while in the glass studio, instead of hashing out my ideas on paper.  However, instead of drawing glass objects every day, I wanted to give myself the freedom to draw whatever I wanted, as long as it has nothing to do whatsoever with my main medium of glass!  The only guidelines I am following is that I use a post-it note, a marker pen and my John Bull Printing Outfit No. 12 Stamp Set!


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life?  By doing this, I have been coming up with tons of new ideas in the glass studio, simply by giving myself the time and the freedom to be creative outside my normal realm of being a glass artist.  It's really interesting to see how some of the post-it drawings are translating themselves to my glass.  I'm planning to post some of the glass I'm making as well on our blog as it gets finished.


A selection of images from the other participants...








See what it will be today on their blog HERE.

No comments: