One Question, Everyday, For One Year

Stephanie Podzimek of Abingdon, Maryland creating and sharing One Question, Everyday, For One Year on Facebook, which she's encouraging her friends to answer in the comments section...



Why did you decide to do this project? It started as more of a creative challenge for myself than anything else, but it have sort of evolved into a group art project with the help and participation of my Facebook friends. Its a blast everyday trying to think of a question, and a creative way to present it, everyday. I love community projects, like postsecret.com and blogs like makesomething365 that encourage creativity, thought and create a sense of closeness and connection. I have co-workers who ask me if I posted today's question yet, and scold me if I am taking too long. I hear from friends that their sister/husband/wife/Mom loves flipping through the album and reading people's responses. That is the most unexpected outcome for me, I think. I was expecting there to be a group of my close friends that would participate, but I did not anticipate there to be such a following of people who check for a new photo everyday and who really put thought into their responses. Its exciting for me every time I get a Facebook notification to see who has responded and what they have to add to my project.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? It's time consuming, that is for sure. Typically, I devote about a half hour, sometimes more, to that day's picture. It doesn't sound like much, but a half hour for a single Mom working full time and going to school is like gold. But it is causing me to really explore my creativity and step outside my personal boundaries and limitations I have put on myself. I am finding artistic possibilities in places I would have never given a second glance to before, which is inspiring in all aspects of my artistic process. This 365 project has reignited a spark of creativity that I had lost, and I am very thankful to have that back.


Read all of Stephanie's questions HERE.

4 comments:

Misha said...

Great job, Stephanie!

Ange said...

That is awesome Stephanie!
I like the creative way you ask each question.

Anonymous said...

This is such an interesting 365 projects, somehow moving...great idea!

JONI said...

awesome!!!! im inspired!!